For #VENTURASTORIES Uploads Only:
Click the link below to be directed to our CAPS Media Dropbox.
Upload your file content. It’s that simple.
You’ll be asked for your first name and last name. Dropbox uses this information to distinguish your files from everyone else.
Production tips, FAQs and more below upload info.
*** Please read all disclaimers below before proceeding with your upload.
Thank you for submitting your Media to Community Partners of San Buenaventura (CAPS Media). Please review the information below:
*** By submitting your content to CAPS Media you assume complete liability for the content of the programming they present and to maximum extent permitted by law, agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Community Access Partners of San Buenaventura, the City of San Buenaventura and all other supporting groups and organizations, or any of their employees, officers or agents from any and all claims which may arise from the cablecast of a program
If you have any questions, problems, concerns or issues with using this upload portal, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-658-0500 and our friendly staff will help you.
Production tips and FAQS
- Be creative: Videos can be entertaining, informative, or inspiring.
- Subjects/Notions: Think family, kids, funny, personal, pets, cooking, hobbies, movie/book/tv reviews and more. A more complete list of suggestions is below under Possible Topics:
- Inspirational Stories: Share a story about a family member, friend, neighbor or a stranger who helped or inspired you.
- Tech: Videos can be recorded on your phone, webcam, tablet, video camera or other device.
- Family project: Make it a family project – create videos with your kids, friends and family members.
- Keep ‘em short: Videos should be no longer than 5 minutes (under 3 minutes or shorter suggested). You are welcome to submit longer stories but they may not make the cut.
- Keep it positive. We’re looking for feel-good, fun stories to share. This is not a forum to rant.
- No Advertising/Non Commercial: CAPS Media is a public access station that does not allow advertising – so, please no advertising or business promotion. If submitted, they will not be selected.
- Identification: Please include the names of all persons featured in the video.
- CAPS Media selects: CAPS Media will determine which videos air and when they will air and stream, and CAPS Media reserves the right to not air or distribute any videos for any reason.
The following topics are just a few suggestions to get your creative juices flowing:
- Ventura Artists: Demonstrate your talent for music, acting, painting, singing, storytelling, dancing and other art expressions. If you are a singer, songwriter or other performer – that’s great! – record your performance and submit it. However, all music must be original unless you have written permission from the artist to record it. (Sorry, no karaoke, unless you have cleared the song from the artist).
- Pets: Share videos of your best friends.
- Kids: Produce videos with your kids and their friends; showcase (and show off) their special talents.
- Cooking Share cooking and baking ideas, including favorite family recipes.
- Hobbies: Gardening, puzzles, card games, charades, sewing, scrapbooking, woodworking … share your passions.
- Exercise: Demonstrate exercise routines for indoors and/or take us on a hike or field trip (keeping social distancing).
- Non-profits: Share the work and upcoming events in our community by your nonprofit or school group.
- Sheltering in Place: Share ideas for playing, learning, exercising, entertaining and working while sheltering-in-place at home.
Production tips – mobile phones and tablets
- Mobile Phone: Keep the phone in the horizontal/landscape mode (the same way your TV screen is) – not vertical.
- Stability: When possible use a tripod or prop up the phone on a table or other stable surface.
- Handheld: If handheld is the best option, try to keep the phone/camera as steady as possible.
- Lighting: Try to keep your subject clearly visible with plenty of light on her/his face (not backlit with strong light behind).
- Audio: It is best to use a microphone. In any event, try to limit background and other distracting noises from your recording (including background music).
LEGAL AND DISCLAIMER
By submitting video(s) to Community Access Partners of San Buenaventura, Inc. (CAPS Media), you (video producer):
- Declare that you have full legal ownership and authority to offer the video(s) for distribution on television, online posting and all other outlets.
- Have permission from anyone appearing in the video to use her/his likeness, appearance and/or performance.
- Are granting CAPS Media the right to broadcast all or part of such videos on television, websites and social media channels.
- Do not expect any financial or other compensation from CAPS Media for distribution of the video.
- Understand and accept that other persons around the world may also share and/or rebroadcast videos submitted to CAPS Media which CAPS Media has no control over.
- Are the original creator of your video(s) and as such maintain all legal rights and can independently post them online, on social media channels or do anything you wish with them.
- Understand and accept that CAPS Media does not guarantee that any video submissions will be broadcast on television, posted online, and/or on social media channels, or used at all.
- Understand and accept that CAPS Media will not return videos submitted for consideration.
- Understand and accept that videos submitted to and distributed by CAPS Media may be removed from distribution by CAPS Media for any reason at time without notice or explanation.